วันศุกร์ที่ 18 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What makes a good fantasy story

I immediately thought of diving in some opinions, what makes a good fantasy story. I admit I read most of the romantic imagination, but I know what makes a good story, if I have a read.

Research: an imaginary world is very complicated. Doing research is important. Create a complex fantasy fund is for the reader in the creation of vital importance, even if the reader does not "see" your world. Need to know where your charactersgoing to do and who is responsible.

As a reader, I will always be the "real world" hypothesis. So if you have normalized your imagination, or a gravity field that can be connected to the land, you must describe in detail. Do not give your readers a whole list of details, descriptions and basic information on how you should supplement your readers. Please note that your reader is blind until you find the pieces of the puzzle for Visual contactthem.

Ordinary Objects: Besides the fun of writing is fantasy to ordinary objects can do extraordinary things. The baton has been taken ... and the fact ... and ready. As a writer, you can most ordinary objects are different qualities generally associated with this object, for example a candle, which works like a key or a sword, are not reduced, but acts like a compass. The possibilities are endless!

Twist stretch the imagination, the ordinary into somethingamazing. For me, nothing is more interesting to read fantasy gadget world and how they work! I want to eat them that the dust. Intrigue your readers off the beaten path and give them the fascinating elements.

Characters: The characters best thing I have read in the fantasy of the qualities of man. Although it is fun for the characters of interest, the physical properties, the best stories show charactersclassic struggle of human weakness and strength. The struggles that readers face in their lives. Emotions more your reader can your work is better.

Stephen R. Donaldson, in the series of Thomas Covenant, the main character attributes were low. In our world, he is divorced, reclusive writer and a leper. Companies can be avoided. Then a police car hit him and wakes up in a different world. There, in a fantasy world, is seen as the reincarnation AllianceHalfhand by Berek, including wedding white gold is a sign of power. The first person he meets Lena, heals his wounds with hurtloam. The sudden, after he lost control of himself and rapes Lena Thomas. With the help of a giant my favorite character) Salt Heart Foamfollower (and after an encounter with the evil Lord Foul, reaches Alliance Revel Stone and bears the name of ur-Lord by the government. He learned about Cavewrights foul (characters much more interesting) is a powerfulThe staff of the law.

Covenant travel fantasy world back in the real world, have passed when only a few hours. For a month in the real world, and when they faded back into the Covenant world of fantasy, have passed forty. Series, describes itself as an alliance of non-believers. He feels that he does believe against their will, he has the power and could not believe that it can help, is not proved.

This is the main character? I despised him. I thoughtIt was so low. What a loser. C'mon! Do something! It was not what I expected a normal hero. The point is, as a reader, I have taken part. I knew what the new world, I knew they were the characters and wanted to know what happened afterwards. These are the things that make a success story. I do not want to end, but for those who have not read the series, I recommend.

Finally, if you write fantasy novels, think about the ordinaryYou stretch your imagination and talent to its limits. I expect to read and enjoy your stories.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น